Re: I have to be doing something wrong

Richard Silva <rcksil@...>

I also have one ,V71a,in the garage on shelf. I might give this a shot. I plan on setting up two HT’s and monitor that way. I was thinking the duplexes might be bad, but trying to think, head hurts now 😳. Probably something simple.

Rick
WA6ES

On Apr 22, 2020, at 6:33 AM, Tim L <ptim15@...> wrote:

i just got a FULL DUPLEX HT last week but only had a chance to use it once. its been so cold and windy i don't  want to go out on the deck and play. i did go the day i got the radio and made one contact using the full duplex feature. the full duplex really helps. I have a Kenwood V71A that can run full duplex and i plan and giving that a try the soon as spring weather get here in NJ 

"There are only 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't"

In today's email world 97% of all email is spam, please don't contribute.

Came of age in the 60's, now I'm in my 60's ... Whoa, WTF happened?

From: Work-Sat@groups.io <Work-Sat@groups.io> on behalf of Richard Silva via groups.io <rcksil@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:12 PM
To: Work-Sat@groups.io <Work-Sat@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Work-Sat] I have to be doing something wrong

I will try rotating, can’t hurt 

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Robert Putala KE8UW <rcp@...> wrote:

Some satellites have transmit and receive at 90 degrees from each other.  When receiving a sat, try transmitting after rotating the antenna 90 degrees.  I’m a newbie to satellites also, but it seemed to work. 

Rob Putala
KE8UW

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Join Work-Sat@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.