NOAA HRPT Imagery

Hello all,

I have collected weather imagery from the NOAA weather satellites a number of times now yes the low resolution APT signal they transmit on the 137 megahertz band, but I like to step it up a notch and try for the high resolution HRPT signal instead. I have a HackRF One that should be able to do it with the right antennas. It's on the 1.7 gigahertz band and requires about 3 megahertz of bandwidth. Had anyone done this and what antenna did you use?

I was looking at maybe making this cloverleaf:

https://oscarliang.com/make-diy-cloverleaf-antenna/

Also, does anyone know if the Meteor M2 LRPT signal is transmitted over North America? It might be an easier stepping stone.

- Loren
K7IW