Re: What's the BEST HT? - General Inquiries

Tim L

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 05:05 PM, Clint Bradford wrote:
Kenwood TH-D72A
Hi Clint, you seem to be the HT GURU. i just picked up a Icom IC-Z1a but unfortunately the seller misrepresented the radio and when I got it the radio had intermittent problems. i sent it out to a repair tech and I am waiting on the result. Anyway with your vast experience with HT's do you think the Z1a is a good full duplex option? I enjoy working the FM birds and currently use one of my 817's and a Arrow II but i would like to try full duplex. I could add my 2nd 817 to the mix bt i think that would just complicate things. I also have a Kenwood V71A that i have dedicated to being a Echolink node but could put that in play as well ( that would not be much larger of a total package than the 817). SO if my new Z1a icomes back repaired do you think i should use that as my full duples radio or maybe the D772?