Re: Best Sats to work Question

David Spoelstra

ISS Detector does the same thing. I use a rubber band to strap my phone to the boom of my Arrow antenna and then all I do is make sure the dot is inside the circle and it's pointing exactly at the satellite. I have the Heavens Above too, but it just seemed harder to use. My advice, they both have free versions. Download both and see which one works best for you and then buy the one you like since they are both inexpensive:

ISS Detector Pro is 4.6 stars with 2,712 raters and costs $3.
Heavens-Above Pro is 4.5 stars with 485 raters and costs $5.

-David, N9KT

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:05 PM Loren Lang <penguin359@...> wrote:
For Android, ISS Detector is nice, but I prefer Heavens Above when doing radio contacts as it uses the accelerometer to help point your phone to exactly where the satellite should be. Also, for new satellites whose TLEs haven't propagated to Heavens Above yet, I use AmsatDroid. For Mac/Linux, I prefer Gpredict.

- Loren
K7IW

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 8:26 AM Edward Maikranz <maikranze@...> wrote:
On my Iphone I use ISS Detector, it is excellent.
At home on my Windows 10 machine I use Gpredict and like it very much as well.
Ed
KG5UN

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 7:52 AM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:
What are the best Android and iOS Apps these days for Sat prediction information ? And for that matter, Windows apps ?

thanks
Paul
w2eck