Re: PC control of HT or mobile rig?

Brad Smith

Hi Jerry:

Here are the two files that you need again. I do have a PC.  See attached.

73 Brad KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/30/2020 6:55:47 PM Central Standard Time, jplanner@... writes:

Hi Brad,
Not sure if you sent me the file, but try again. It may only for a PC system,  but I think I may have and old PC that might be able to open it.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 7:52:32 PM EST, Brad Smith via Groups.Io <corlissbs@...> wrote:

I too have the Kenwood TH D-72A and love it. It is a breeze to set up with RT Systems and a breeze to use. I should be able to send you the RT Systems file and all you have to do is change the call in the program.

Brad Smith KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/30/2020 6:35:55 PM Central Standard Time, jplanner@... writes:

@Stephen,
I have the Kenwood Th-D72A. Works great. Duplex receive.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 7:32:46 PM EST, Stefan Wagener <wageners@...> wrote:

At this point, SatPC32 only supports certain radios, primarily the bigger fixed units that allow for computer control via CAT/CI-V commands. I am not aware of any HTs that could do that and even then, it would require addition to the supposed radios. However, if you go up a notch from a HT to a FT-817, it works nicely.

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
With an HT, many are successful by just “accommodating “ for Doppler with a step above/below the 440-band frequencies. None required, really, on the 2m side.

SO ... either VFO mode for 440 - or use three memories (center, plus, and minus).