Re: IC-9700 and the SATS

Jer W

Brad,
WOW!. Thats great. Hardly any money spent on those antennas and you have been quite
successful working the birds. I will get back with you after the holidays for additional info.
   By the way, I forgot to mention that I have a new Yaesu FTM-400XDR.I'm sure I could
use it for the SATS along with my Kenwood TH-D72A.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Thursday, December 19, 2019, 10:44:40 AM EST, Brad Smith via Groups.Io <corlissbs@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry. I set a Comet CA-2x4SR NMO in the center of the roof and a COMPAC 136-174MHz/400-480Mhz at the rear corner of the roof. Being elliptically polarized, this antenna has to be on a corner to work properly. I have tried many antenna combinations, including eggbeater types and I like this combination the best. Between the properties of each, I get a good signal. Perfect? No, but simple to rove and power to get into the crowded birds.  KC9UQR

In a message dated 12/19/2019 9:25:43 AM Central Standard Time, jplanner@... writes:

Brad,
Did you build the antennas on your van or purchased?
If so, what manufacturer?

Jerry...W8RQM

On Thursday, December 19, 2019, 10:18:00 AM EST, Brad Smith via Groups.Io <corlissbs@...> wrote:

Paul, I manually Doppler tune the TM-D710GA. I work portable with this radio, from my van, with two differently polarized antennas that I place on the van roof, and an A-B switch to switch between the two. I do love the radio.