Re: New SSTV from ISS Project

Fred Hillhouse

My latest report:

Using my D72 and newly crafted 1/4 wave antenna, I just had a decent pass. The upper white portion is in WFM, The following green is where I gave up, I then remembered I programmed in a NFM memory and the image became real. The green band halfway through is when I went back to the VFO (WFM). I finished the image in NFM. I am happy now. Now to wait impatiently for the next pass.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred Hillhouse
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2019 5:06 PM
To: Work-Sat@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Work-Sat] New SSTV from ISS Project

Hi Brad,

I am aware of the null at the top. Given that the pass I was attempting to capture peaked at 33 degrees, it should have been at least a bad picture rather than no picture.

For the pass at 1800EST, I expect no picture in the middle since it will be in the null.

I am working this from two locations (45 miles apart):

1.      Home, currently remote, RTL-SDR/Gpredict/SDR#,VB-Cable/RX-SSTV, no success

2.      Work, not remote, D72/Robot36/Heavens-AbovePro, no success

I appreciate the earlier gain comment and if I had a rotor that could be remotely controlled …

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

PS. This is a plot for the ¼ wave antenna with four radials. 25-30 degrees is the sweet spot.

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brad Smith via Groups.Io

The 1/4 wave antenna has a silent “donut hole” straight up. With a low transmit and receive angle you won’t hear it directly overhead. 

KC9UQR 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join Work-Sat@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.