Re: New SSTV from ISS Project

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Brad,

I am aware of the null at the top. Given that the pass I was attempting to capture peaked at 33 degrees, it should have been at least a bad picture rather than no picture.

For the pass at 1800EST, I expect no picture in the middle since it will be in the null.

I am working this from two locations (45 miles apart):

1.       Home, currently remote, RTL-SDR/Gpredict/SDR#,VB-Cable/RX-SSTV, no success

2.       Work, not remote, D72/Robot36/Heavens-AbovePro, no success

I appreciate the earlier gain comment and if I had a rotor that could be remotely controlled …

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

PS. This is a plot for the ¼ wave antenna with four radials. 25-30 degrees is the sweet spot.

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brad Smith via Groups.Io

The 1/4 wave antenna has a silent “donut hole” straight up. With a low transmit and receive angle you won’t hear it directly overhead.

KC9UQR