Re: New SSTV from ISS Project

Brad Smith

The 1/4 wave antenna has a silent “donut hole” straight up. With a low transmit and receive angle you won’t hear it directly overhead.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Feb 8, 2019, at 1:25 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

Greetings,

I made it out for the last pass. I had no success.

Interesting I hear the signal a couple of minutes into the pass and a few minutes near the end. I heard nothing in the middle.

I am using a D72 connected to a 1/4wave antenna (just built). It is mounted on a tripod at about a 6’ height.

The frequency is 145.800, Wideband. Squelch is open.

Passes for my location are determined by Heavens-above Pro. GPS is ON.

I think I read that it might be transmitting in narrow band so I hope to give it a try for my 6PM EST pass. I can’t find the reference I believe I read.

Last time this event was run, I was using a Diamond RH77ACA. I expect the ¼ to perform better. Last time I did receive at least some image.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH