Re: New SSTV from ISS Project

Fred Hillhouse

I also wonder why it would perform remarkably worse than my 17” Diamond HT antenna. Apparently the Diamond is pretty hot!

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred Hillhouse
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2019 3:21 PM
To: Work-Sat@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Work-Sat] New SSTV from ISS Project

I do realize more gain would be nice. I have a Yagi at home that needs finishing. I guess I should have brought it to work and completed it.

However, hearing the ISS near the beginning and near the end of the pass and not in the middle seems abby-normal. Both times the ISS was under 20 degrees. Normal at its maximum elevation.

My 6PM pass will have a max elevation of ~89 degrees so I do expect a null at the top from the ¼ wave antenna.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH