Re: Current Birds

Jer W

Hi Clint,
I do have the 5W HT, but can you bring me up to speed as to why the SO-50 and the AO-85 are a little more difficult to get into? I have not tried those.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Sunday, December 16, 2018, 12:53:45 PM EST, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

AO-91 still the "easiest" FM voice bird to work - and it stays in 2m/440 mode for us all the time.

AO-92 about the same ease of use, but you have to know when it goes in to 1.2gHZ uplink mode (usually once a week on the weekends for 24 hours - watch AMSAT's Twitter feed for exact times).

Then SO-50 and AO-85 - each just a little more "finicky" to get in to, but definitely workable with 4-5W and handheld antennas.