Pay no attention ...

Clint Bradford

Ahhhh … the year is 1939. One of the greatest lines from the movie, “The Wizard of Oz,” is heard by theatre-goers:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

In 1939, the words were spoken by actor Frank Morgan.

And if you were in Dorothy’s shoes - er, slippers - it sounded magical! I mean, this guy MUST be omnipotent, right?

Jump forward to today.

Now we have self-proclaimed “wizards” who write their command performances to anyone who happens to click on their blogs. They want Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion all to hear their booming revelations - I mean, they must be coming from an authoritative god, sending his messages of truth down from the iClouds.

But then, the truth is found out. Little dog Toto discovers that the wizard is no authority. No god. He’s just a lonely, deluded guy with a modem and a keyboard sitting in a darkened room, hiding his bullying and demeaning behavior from his family behind a green curtain.

When little Toto tears the curtain to the side, the blogger realizes he has been found out, and tries to talk himself - pathetically, really - out of his malcontent’s behavior.

Yeah. nice try, dude. No one’s buyin’ it.