Re: Am I Really This Old?

Siegfried Jackstien

my first pc had 4 megs ram ... a green monitor

20mb harddrive

and cpu speed was incredible 4.77 megahertz

and while my friends had only a 300 baud acoustik coupler i had a super fast 2400 baud hayes modem

dg9bfc sigi

Am 09.07.2018 um 12:34 schrieb Rob McClure:

Clint,

I know how you feel.  I was thinking about purchasing memory for a non-ham computer at the house.  16 GB for around $100 thanks to all the bitcoin mining morons out there.
Way back in the when, I remember paying that much or more for 16 MEGS of memory and thought, "Wow I'll never use all of this..."

Yep, we're old!

73, Rob, KC5RET

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 11:06 PM Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
16GB USB sticks were introduced by SanDisk in the 4th quarter of 2006.

I gladly paid $199.95 for one. They were NEW, they were exciting, they were
recognized by my then-new 17' MacBook Pro. Many other devices could
NOT recognize such devices.

But that was 4Q 2006. TODAY, faster-speed 16GB USB sticks are available
for less that ten bucks each. AND they have much faster read/write speeds ...

It's a wonderful time to be alive ... (grin)