Re: Sheer Idiocity

Hey Clint don’t let the trolls get you. Without you there would be no Hams in Space. Keep up the good work. Maybe it is time for a person or two to go sit on their Elks and well ...

On Jul 8, 2018, at 2:52 PM, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

A friend sent me this photo, stating it was captioned elsewhere as being something “improper” for demonstrating satellite work.

The caption said I was wearing a headset. Correct! Working full duplex is the ideal way to work the FM birds.

But the caption further stated, “Clint stupidly is working full-duplex with a headset - no one can hear the downlink when he wears a headset!”

Well, look in the foreground of the photo. See the end of those antenna el menta with the yellow styrofoam balls on them? I had three antenna setups with me, and I always choose an “assistant” from the gathering to use one of them. THEY were hearing the downlink just fine, as I planned. No one missed a thing. And by separating ourselves that much, I was not introducing audio feedback in to my transmitted signal.

Amd I am still waiting for the videos taken yesterday showing how easy it is to hold and maneuver an Arrow antenna when you counter-balance it and add an ergonomically correct handle to it. Oh, and he videos of the successful contacts made - haven’t seen them posted anywhere yet. Maybe his battery died ...

<C6611FBC_8901_4A30_8A9A_292673E94B4E.png>