FT-60R Audio Accessories - Plug/Jack Design

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

... The only thing I don't like is how easy it is to pull out the speaker-mic connection a little and ground the PTT line ...
Agreed. There's no "locking" mechanism for audio accessories on the FT-60R and related HTs.

I "cured" this by using a Lance Armstrong LIVESTRONG rubbery charity/cause bracelet that fits snugly around the HT *and* the head of the speaker-mic's plug. Support your favorite charity - AND keep the speaker-mic connected at the same time!