Re: TRIPOD

Amir K9CHP

I use a cheap Wal-Mart tripod. Took all the photographic assembly off it, until I was left with a round piece which fit quite well in a 1.5 inch pvc pipe. I then used a t junction, added a short arm, put a hole in it and the Arrow antenna goes in it from the middle, where it breaks down. Elevation is controlled by friction. You can get fancy and use a threaded fitting. Elevation is easier to control that way and the thing won't fall apart on you ever so often. The other side of the t junction is used to hang my rig for balance. Everything is secured to the structure, so if I drop something, it does not fall to the ground. Weight wise, it is still portable,  not for backpacking, but park bench or field day definitely.

73 de Amir K9CHP
From my Acer Iconia A500 tablet

On Oct 6, 2012 8:51 AM, "W6ABE" <egenest@...> wrote:

I am looking to buy a tripod for mounting my ARROW II antenna. I had one but it was old and broke down. I tried one from a friend, but the weight of the antenna made it so it would not hold its elevation angle. Any one have any suggestions. I would rather not spend top dollar but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Thanks Ed W6ABE