Re: Want to operate from a cruise ship - who to contact at Celebrity?

daron wilson

Who told you that you can't pack your ham radio, to use on the ship?
Not sure if I care WHO told him that ... But it sure is INCORRECT
information.
Might want to check the cruise lines website before just declaring it
incorrect. I've seen several that specifically call out ham radio in the
list of things prohibited on board, here is one example:

Royal Caribbean International - Ham radio specifically prohibited in the
list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=freque
ntly_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260
8&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Your mileage (or cruise) may very, but clearly saying that 'ham radios are
prohibited is incorrect' is, well, incorrect for some cruise lines.

73