Re: Want to operate from a cruise ship - who to contact at Celebrity?

Greg DeChant \(W8GCD\) <gcdechant@...>

Read part 97. It clearly states you must get permission from the captain of the vessel or the pilot of the aircraft. Even so start with you travel agent and work your way up from there.

73, Greg W8GCD ar

From: Work-Sat@... [mailto:Work-Sat@...] On Behalf Of vtnn43e48073
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 3:30 PM
To: Work-Sat@...
Subject: [Work-Sat] Want to operate from a cruise ship – who to contact at Celebrity?

The XYL and I are going on a cruise next year. Since we will be in a lot of grids that I bet are fairly rare I would like to operate while at sea. We are going to be on a Celebrity ship and I would like to approach the company and ask permission to operate while at sea.

Does anyone know who I could contact at Celebrity to get permission in writing from them to do this? Or is it up to the captain who can operate like this?

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR