Re: Assistance with logging while working AO-51 and others

Amir K9CHP

My preferred way is to connect the voice recorder via a audio splitter to the duplex radio so that it will record what's heard on the air only. This way, it still gives you a back up for demos and you don't record the environmental noise etc. But it also is one more cord to deal with.

========================

73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, ARRL/ W5YI VE, WAC, WAS, DXCC

www.K9CHP.net Blog: http://k9chp.blogspot.com

Eagle Valley Search Dogs, Senior K9 Handler

K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of Search Teams

1st Special Response Group (1SRG)

On 4/6/2010 03:10, K6LCS wrote:

>> ... I had the HT in one hand ...

I don't see the problem, Pat. HT in one hand. Speaker-mic in another. Arrow antenna in another hand. PDA with tracking software in another hand. Pencil in another hand. Clipboard and paper in another ...

(grin)

Although I don't use one when I do demos, I - like the others who've already answered - use a little digital recorder to record passes.

Clint, K6LCS
909-241-7666