Re: Made first satellite contact today

Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@...>

Just a reminder to check the AO-51 Op Schedule - sometimes that frequency changes to another V/U pair!

Clint

On Mar 10, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Dennis Minnick wrote:

Vy thanks for the reply and information.

I would like to know what thw asterisks the follow the VHF TX frequencies that you have listed in the tutorial for AO51 mean ?

----- Original Message -----
From: K6LCS
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:55 AM
Subject: [Work-Sat] Re: Made first satellite contact today

>> ... I plan on using my Yaesu FT-60 also I am still trying to figure out how to do it, and how to compensate for doppler ...

Dennis - the programming for the FT-60R is in my tutorial on the support site! Just remember that you do not have to compensate for Doppler on the 2M side of things, because the effect is so less prevalent at that frequency.

And my mnemonic device to remember is: "Acquire - Above." You acquire the sat slightly above the downlink frequency. So, if the bird is transmitting 435.300, start listening at 435.310 and 435.305 - and you'll capture it sooner.

Clint
http://www.work.sat.com

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666