From: cap_cstorey <cap_cstorey@...>
Subject: [Work-Sat] ARISSAT-1 Heard it :)
To: Work-Sat@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 4:12 PM

It's things like this that keep me excited about Amateur Radio! I copied the FM downlink on the Aug 9 0543Z pass last night in Torrance, Calif. Used a VX7 with a ¼ wave magmount on the car. Will need to try my Arrow yagi next time. I copied the majority of the pass from the VERY weak AOS through moderately strong to the VERY weak LOS. I clearly heard the voice telemetry and the very end of the English kids message, then a foreign language kids message. I even heard the distinctive SSTV at the very end as it was approaching LOS. I will have to download MSSTV and see if I got anything. Next time, I will remember my audio cord and try to get a better recording rather than holding the recorder next to the radio.

73's and good luck â€" de KA6WNK