Re: recieving SSTV from ARISSat-1

Jim Cameron

Hi Les,

That was my plan was to couple my radio to my PC with the audio out "speacker jack" on my radio. to the line in on my sound card.  I went with the mic as a temp fix. The cord does not seem to pick up anything. I tryed serval times. I am making a new cord now I just was unsure if I would get it done for tonights pass.  I may. Tomorrow for sure I should have the new cord done. I just been busy lately with other stuff.

KC9PXZ
Jimmy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:56 PM
Subject: [Work-Sat] Re: recieving SSTV from ARISSat-1

Jim, my advice to use line in was based on the understanding that you was coupling your radio to the computer via the audio output jack on the radio.  If you are using a mike, then by all means use the mike input.  You may not get enough gain using line in with a mike.  Using a mike is not the best way to do this, as you will pick up other noises that will show up in the picture.  But it will work. 

I've received pictures both in the morning after daylight, and a few after dark.  The ones received in daylight are much better.  It is my understanding that the satellite goes to low power when in the earth's shadow, to conserve battery power.  So your best chance for a good picture would be during a daylight pass.

I can't think of any way to start MMSSTV at the start of the pass.

Les KC0PTO 

Join Work-Sat@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.