Voice recorder / headset question

MichaelE <k4moa@...>

Good evening everyone and thanks for reading.

I have a rather odd question. I have read several satellite articles which suggest using some form of voice recorder to record contacts. But I have also read articles which suggest using a headset so that you can hear a bit better.

Well, I was curious if there is a way to do both? I currently have a VX7R with a external handheld microphone but I was thinking of adding something like the MFJ-288R, but was curious how I might be able to record contacts?

By the way - I picked up a Arrow II over Christmas and due to our cold snap and a pestering head-cold I am yet to put it together. I look forward to giving it a shot soon and making my first contact...

Thanks in advance,

Mike, K4MOA