From: K6LCS
Subject: [Work-Sat] Re: First Satellite Contact
To: Work-Sat@...
Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 7:14 PM

>> ... made my first satellite contact ... AO-51 ... FT-817ND ... Arrow ...

Congratulations! Now on to SO-50 ... AO-27 ... (grin)

>> ... I did find out however it definitely works best if one has the PL tone set for the uplink.....DUH! !

NO - We are NOT using CTCSS on AO-51. Haven't for almost three years. And if you find a site with that mis-information, please write the owner top advise ... it means they haven't updated their info for three years!

Clint Bradford
AMSAT area coordinator