AO-51 Performance 11/20/09 00:42 GMT

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

I wrote last week ...

"Don't know exactly how to explain it, but the pass today at 4:42PM Pacific Standard Time didn't exhibit the "normal" silencing, then faint voices, then stronger voices. It plainly BLASTED into discernible conversations, and we we were able to work it much sooner than "normal." We were not hidden behind foothills. It was a pretty clear shot South to AOS. It really floored me - in a most positive way. It was dramatic."

And AMSAT's VP of Operations replied ...

"The power on the repeater downlink is a bit higher than normal at 760
mw. It shouldn't be a dramatic difference from our recent 500-600mw, but
noticeable to a observant operator ... - 73, Drew KO4MA

Well, my aging ears cannot take the credit ... I was using my standard setup - Arrow Sat Antenna and FT-60R.