New RMS Server Setup - Need a few testers #trimode #rms

N7LEW - Lewis

Hello everyone, after playing around with Winlink a bit I finally got around to setting up a test RMS Trimode server

If anyone is around, I would like to give the setup a good test before taking the next steps to setting up a dedicated system. - Thanks in advance and feedback is appreciated

Callsign: K7LBH
Frequency: 14105.000 KHz
Gridsquare: CN94HC
Antenna: Omni
Operating Mode: Winmor / WINMOR 1600
Operating Hours: 00-23
Last Status Received: 2020-03-14 11:36 -07:00
Comments:

Callsign: K7LBH
Frequency: 14105.000 KHz
Gridsquare: CN94HC
Antenna: Omni
Operating Mode: VARA / VARA
Operating Hours: 00-23
Last Status Received: 2020-03-14 11:36 -07:00
Comments:

KC9SGV

The key to getting traffic through your RMS is to have it up 24/7/365.
Also advertise it on the Winlink website as a bulletin.
Use the boards at QRZ.com and EHam.net as well.

Advertise on the cruising sailor websites and Emcomm/prepper websites.
Have an omni- directional antenna system.

KC9SGV

Gordon Gibby

Where are you located?

On Mar 17, 2020, at 12:10, KC9SGV <kc9sgv@...> wrote:

The key to getting traffic through your RMS is to have it up 24/7/365.
Also advertise it on the Winlink website as a bulletin.
Use the boards at QRZ.com and EHam.net as well.

Advertise on the cruising sailor websites and Emcomm/prepper websites.
Have an omni- directional antenna system.

KC9SGV

Lee McDaniel

Just FYI 14.105 LSB is the Network105 group....We have multiple stations on 24x7 running 300 baud Packet with multiple gateways back to 2 meters and 440. Keybrd to Keybrd

      If you would like to know more please look at joining Network105@groups.io

      Thanks for reviewing.

73 Lee WB4QOJ
Network105 Gateway Station
Groups IO admin

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, 12:28 PM Gordon Gibby <docvacuumtubes@...> wrote:
Where are you located?

On Mar 17, 2020, at 12:10, KC9SGV <kc9sgv@...> wrote:

The key to getting traffic through your RMS is to have it up 24/7/365.
Also advertise it on the Winlink website as a bulletin.
Use the boards at QRZ.com and EHam.net as well.

Advertise on the cruising sailor websites and Emcomm/prepper websites.
Have an omni- directional antenna system.

KC9SGV

Gordon Gibby

Hi Lee, thanks for that reminder, but there are two issues here:

1.  The net 105 group is 1700 Hz centered below 14.105 MHz. The gentleman proposing the new RMS uses upper side band, so he will be a full 2 kHz away from any signal of the net 105 group.

I monitored that group for a solid hour during gray line transmission recently and heard no real interference to that group other than government ionosondes

2.  The net 105 group, operating outside of the 97.221B allocation, depends on the 97.221C 500 Hz automated station regulation.   If I understand this properly, that group will be forced to move if the ARRL and Ron Kokarik‘s request to get rid of this regulation succeed

I think I read this properly:

Thanks
Gordon

On Mar 17, 2020, at 13:10, Lee McDaniel <wb4qoj@...> wrote:

[...]

Don Poaps

How is this going to stop probation from not crossing the USA border?

I've used my SCS-PTC tnc with various keyboarding to connect with various BBS. I have also used local BPQ and F6BBS to connect and be routed to stations when bands were not so good.

73

Don va7dgp/va7qu

Gordon Gibby

Don, could you explain the point you were trying to make a little further? I don’t quite understand what you are getting at....

On Mar 17, 2020, at 13:48, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

How is this going to stop probation from not crossing the USA border?

I've used my SCS-PTC tnc with various keyboarding to connect with various BBS. I have also used local BPQ and F6BBS to connect and be routed to stations when bands were not so good.

73

Don va7dgp/va7qu

Don Poaps

How is this going to stop probation from not crossing the USA border?

Well since Canadian Winlink Stations will be operating on the 97.221C 500 Hz automated station regulation, I hope there's a switch or something that can be checked off so Countries can bypass the so-called rules that may or may not come about from the ARRL and FCC.

73

Just reminding some of these HF packet stations as well as Winlink are not in the USA

Don va7dgp/va7qu

N7LEW - Lewis

Thanks  for all of the feedback. There are 2 groups threads running on this - sorry for the duplicate.

The node is registered and listed on winlink @ https://www.winlink.org/RMSChannels.

I dropped the 20m band and move to 40/80.

Updated Info:
162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    3,587.000 KHz    WINMOR 1600     00-23    Bend, OR, United States
162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    7,102.000 KHz    WINMOR 1600    00-23    Bend, OR, United States

162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    3,587.000 KHz    ARDOP 2000    00-23    Bend, OR, United States
162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    7,102.000 KHz    ARDOP 2000    00-23    Bend, OR, United States

162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    3,587.000 KHz    VARA    00-23    Bend, OR, United States
162335Z    K7LBH     CN94HC    7,102.000 KHz    VARA    00-23    Bend, OR, United States

Thanks for the help and feedback.

Cheers,
Lewis
K7LBH

Jerome Kutche <n9lya@...>

Actually if the ARRL and FCC make Koliark’s changes. (he will get what he wants) I hope he has plenty of milk to swallow his cereal with..

The HF Skipnet will be shut down, more than likely...

My Winlink Gateway and BBS S&F will be off.

I am not going to try and operate under rules changes imposed by the ARRLs influence on an ignorant FCC. Who both, have proven over and over they have ZERO understanding of how things are now.. Let a long how to fix what is not broken.

www.hfskipnet.net

For a guy that swore his Petition was not targeting WINLINK.. he sure has a lot of Hate for it. See threads at QRZ. Under his callsign.

I guess since it is actually targeting ALL Digital Ops on HF he was not actually lying, he was just miss leading a hell of a lot!

73 Jerry N9LYA

[...]

My Question is do we here actually understand this? I know of at least two division directors “did” not, may still not..

§ 97.221 Automatically controlled digital station.

(a) This rule section does not apply to an auxiliary station, a beacon station, a repeater station, an earth station, a space station, or a space telecommand station.

(b) A station may be automatically controlled while transmitting a RTTY or data emission on the 6 m or shorter wavelength bands, and on the 28.120-28.189 MHz, 24.925-24.930 MHz, 21.090-21.100 MHz, 18.105-18.110 MHz, 14.0950-14.0995 MHz, 14.1005-14.112 MHz, 10.140-10.150 MHz, 7.100-7.105 MHz, or 3.585-3.600 MHz segments.

(c) Except for channels specified in § 97.303(h), a station may be automatically controlled while transmitting a RTTY or data emission on any other frequency authorized for such emission types provided that:

(1) The station is responding to interrogation by a station under local or remote control; and

(2) No transmission from the automatically controlled station occupies a bandwidth of more than 500 Hz.

[60 FR 26001, May 16, 1995, as amended at 72 FR 3082, Jan. 24, 2007; 77 FR 5412, Feb. 3, 2012]

[...]

Don poaps, I now understand that you were talking about “ propagation”.   And yes, signals from other nations will certainly not stop at the border.  As I demonstrated in a slick little study that has never been refuted, there is almost 0 actual interference possibility from American 97.221C WINLINK stations.

And indeed my analysis of the net 105 one hour session indicated far more interference from other users than anything from WINLINK