Trimode - Searching for the TNC issue #Winmor #trimode

martan1912

Edited

Hello,
I setup a RMS Trimode on a new PC and for some reason I have issues with Winmor TNC. My setup is for Winmor and Ardop. Ardop TNC has no issues, Trimode shows red line of text "Searching for the TNC" , while Winmor TNC is open but offline. Waterfall is empty. I checked Winmor settings and everything seems ok, I disabled firewall just to make sure it's not related. I tried to change the port from 8500 to 8600, no results.
I'm running out of ideas here.
When I just open Winlink Express, Winmor TNC works fine.
What could be wrong here?

Thanks for any help offered.
Tom, KJ6PVR

martan1912

Edited

Here is the screenshot. Also Winmor TNC keeps restarting every few minutes.
This is a brand new machine, new OS, is it possible there some dependent application missing? But then Winlink Express wouldn't work either, so I guess not.

Martin Odom

Tom

       Try starting winmor FIRST by clicking on the winmor .exe file in the RMS trimode folder.  Once winmor tnc is up

and running then open up trimode.
Martin kb3pcy

On 1/23/20 8:13 AM, martan1912 wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello,
I setup a RMS Trimode on a new PC and for some reason I have issues with Winmor TNC. My setup is for Winmor and Ardop. Ardop TNC has no issues, Trimode shows red line of text "Searching for the TNC" , while Winmor TNC is open but offline. Waterfall is empty. I checked Winmor settings and everything seems ok, I disabled firewall just to make sure it's not related. I tried to change the port from 8500 to 8600, no results.
I'm running out of ideas here.
When I just open Winlink Express, Winmor TNC works fine.
What could be wrong here?

Thanks for any help offered.
Tom, KJ6PVR

martan1912

Edited

I think I have tried that before and it didn't work, but now it does.
I never had to do this on my previous PC. Is that a bug in Trimode? Or a PC related issue?
Regardless, thank you for the input that fixed it ! So from now on I guess I'll have to do it this way.

Gordon Gibby

I bet every single windows operator has had this problem at one time or another with Wynn more

There is also been some interaction with different versions of Microsoft. DOTnet, I believe

I’m thankful whenever mine works.

 It will typically screw up after an update or partial update from Microsoft

On Jan 23, 2020, at 10:22, martan1912 <tomas@...> wrote:

I think I have tried that before and it didn't work, but now it does.
I never had to do this on my previous PC. Is that a bug in Trimode? Or a PC related issue?
Regardless, thank you for the input that fixed ! So from now on I guess I'll have to do it this way.

martan1912

Hm, I didn't know that about Winmor, thank you for shining a little light on it. I'll be more careful with it.

N7LEW - Lewis

I was having the same problem on a Windows 10 Home netbook and starting winmor and then spawning trimode worked for me. However, I am not able to replicate this problem on a Windows 10 Pro laptop.