What Makes a Good Memoir WhatMakesaGoodMemoir@groups.ioThis is the Pennwriters March Course - What Makes a Good Memoir with Gold Level Instructor Deanna Adams.
If you would like to take this course, please visit https://www.pennwriters.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=522048&item_id=1346293
Want to write an essay, collection of true stories or full memoir? It’s called creative nonfiction because it’s telling a true story in a creative, intriguing way that evokes emotion.
You may never have walked on the moon, or saved a life, or won the Nobel Peace Prize, but you can write about your life in a way others will find interesting. Learn about the importance of emotional truth in your story and “characters” who influenced your life and how to craft it all into a complete memoir, or collection of true stories.
This course will help you:
- Convey your true-life experiences in ways that bring your personal stories to life on the page.
- Still be creative in your prose while staying true to the real people and story in your life.
- Weave the elements of fiction such as, plot, voice, narrative description/details, dialogue, and character development, through your story to create a successful memoir.
- How to write about the difficult events of your life with honesty and compassion.
Deanna R. Adams is an award-winning writer, speaker, and essayist. She is far too interested in books of all genres to stick to just one and so, she writes both fiction and nonfiction. Her latest release, The Truth about Justyce, the third in her Peggy Sue series, is her first young adult crossover novel, debuting on #1 on Amazon’s New Releases. Other novels are Peggy Sue Got Pregnant, and Scoundrels & Dreamers. Her website is www.deannaadams.com
- 12 Members
- 51 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.