HAIGH - HARLING - TAYLOR - EARNSHAW of Meltham

JUDITH A PETERSON

My Samuel HAIGH was a Blue Dyer and his children were baptized in various places (Lydgate in Saddleworth, Slaithwaite, and Marsden).  His widow and children were in Meltham by 1841.  His sons John and Thomas ran the Lane End Dye Works.  I have been unable to push back on this line and only know his widow was Sarah (born in Slaithwaite, according to a census).  No surname shows on any records I have been able to locate.
Their daughter Elizabeth married Jonas HARLING in 1851 and they emigrated to New England in 1854.
This HARLING line can be traced with fair certainty back in Meltham to the early 1700s.  Jonas' mother was Sarah TAYLOR, daughter of James of Olerbars in Meltham. Circumstances lead me to believe her mother was Hannah EARNSHAW.
I have been working on these lines off and on for about 30 years so I'm probably hoping for the impossible, but it's always worth tossing out some facts to see if anyone out there has some thought.
Judy Peterson