BROADLEY, PEACE, DRAKE

Chris Cottrell

Hi everyone

BROADLEY           York, Wakefield, Petersham (Richmond upon Thames)

PEACE                   Brierley, Thornhill, Kirkheaton, Briestfield, (Queensland, Australia)

DRAKE                  Batley Carr, Dewsbury

Some of my PEACE connections scattered to Sunderland, Stockport and far flung places as did a few of the BROADLEYs who went to the south of England.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Cottrell

Susan Haines

Chris, when were your Broadleys in West Riding and did any go to the US (or what was to become the US)?  Have you done DNA testing?

Sue

On Jan 12, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Chris Cottrell via Groups.Io <cmcottrell@...> wrote:

Hi everyone

BROADLEY           York, Wakefield, Petersham (Richmond upon Thames)

PEACE                   Brierley, Thornhill, Kirkheaton, Briestfield, (Queensland, Australia)

DRAKE                  Batley Carr, Dewsbury

Some of my PEACE connections scattered to Sunderland, Stockport and far flung places as did a few of the BROADLEYs who went to the south of England.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Cottrell

Chris Cottrell

Hi Sue

My Broadleys seemed to originate in the Wakefield from around c.1720. There may have one to go to America but not proven yet. I have done a DNA with Ancestry.

Chris

Chris, when were your Broadleys in West Riding and did any go to the US (or what was to become the US)?  Have you done DNA testing?

Sue

On Jan 12, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Chris Cottrell via Groups.Io <cmcottrell@...> wrote:

Hi everyone

BROADLEY           York, Wakefield, Petersham (Richmond upon Thames)

PEACE                   Brierley, Thornhill, Kirkheaton, Briestfield, (Queensland, Australia)

DRAKE                  Batley Carr, Dewsbury

Some of my PEACE connections scattered to Sunderland, Stockport and far flung places as did a few of the BROADLEYs who went to the south of England.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Cottrell

Susan Haines

I have DNA matches (small) with 3 Cottrells but none, I think are you.  My direct Bradley ancestry which is all I have was in the US by the 1600s.  They settled New Haven, CT.  Some seem to have been/come from Bingley.

Sue