RBN Question

KFF Coordinator

Here is something I never quite understood. I hear some people say the RBN will pick you up at a park. How does the RBN know I am at a park? Is it because I cam calling CQ POTA, or CQ 44, or CQ WWFF? Something I've wondered or maybe I am misunderstanding what people are saying.

Roger

73/44,
Roger Meadows, AE4RM
WWFF-KFF Coordinator

Sgt Grunt

I have never seen it do that. I always look for the call and that's all it picks up

Jess

Question everything. Accept nothing as fact until proven. No one or nothing is above suspicion.

Ambivalence and complacency is a crime against humanity and will not be tolerated

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 1:27 PM, KFF Coordinator <kffcoordinator@...> wrote:
Here is something I never quite understood. I hear some people say the RBN will pick you up at a park. How does the RBN know I am at a park? Is it because I cam calling CQ POTA, or CQ 44, or CQ WWFF? Something I've wondered or maybe I am misunderstanding what people are saying.

Roger

73/44,
Roger Meadows, AE4RM
WWFF-KFF Coordinator

Detrick Merz

I've seen this, and wondered too. The spots are somehow correctly flagged as WWFF, and you can tell they're from the RBN by the "[rbn]" tag in the comments. They show up on the WWWFF dx cluster (http://wwff.co/dx-cluster/). There are a few out there right now!

Understanding how they get there could help me to get spotted more accurately.

-detrick
K4IZ

On Jan 17, 2018 4:27 PM, "KFF Coordinator" <kffcoordinator@...> wrote:
Here is something I never quite understood. I hear some people say the RBN will pick you up at a park. How does the RBN know I am at a park? Is it because I cam calling CQ POTA, or CQ 44, or CQ WWFF? Something I've wondered or maybe I am misunderstanding what people are saying.

Roger

73/44,
Roger Meadows, AE4RM
WWFF-KFF Coordinator

W1TEF

I post to DXSummit or if I have my laptop with wifi, VE7CC - they are all linked anyway.

Tom

On 1/17/2018 4:32 PM, Kraig D. Pritts wrote:
My understanding is the same as Sgt Grunt. I just spot directly to WWFF Watch. Saves people working through everything else on the clusters. I only look on WWFF Watch and CH spot site for activations to chase.

--
Please consider the environment before

NOTICE: This transmission is intended only for use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error you should contact us immediately by telephone to arrange its return.