Topics

Attempting to activate 6 Parks this weekend

Detrick Merz

6 parks, 2 have never been activated before, the rest have only 50-200 QSOs. KX3, KXPA100, vertical, and doublet (if space permits). Good for CW and SSB (though won't run SSB at night when it might disturb other campers). Happy to QRS, just ask. 80-10m as condx permit. If you're very close to any of these, can do 2m/440 FM, just let me know so we can arrange a sked.

The rough plan, all US/Eastern:

Friday 8pm until Saturday 8am (QRT while sleeping)
KFF-4509, GWNF, Virginia

Saturday 12pm-2pm
KFF-2982 Warrior's Park, Tennessee

Saturday 4pm until Sunday 8am (QRT while sleeping)
KFF-2942 David Crockett's Birthplace, Tennessee

Sunday 11am-1pm (could go a little longer)
KFF-3890 Buzzard's Roost, South Carolina

Sunday 3pm-ish until Monday 9am (QRT while sleeping)
KFF-2167 Black Rock State Park, Georgia, AC power, !!ATNO!!

Monday 3pm-5pm
KFF-3730 Altamaha WMA, Georgia !!ATNO!!

73/44,
-detrick
K4IZ

Wayne Robertson

Very ambitious and Good Luck!  I'll look for you.  I live in Atl so should be good at most the parks you named.

Wayne Robertson

On 6/25/2019 10:25 PM, Detrick Merz wrote:
[...]

Sgt Grunt

we'll be looking for you and make sure that you have an audience

73 / 44

Jess

Question everything. Accept nothing as fact until proven. No one or nothing is above suspicion.

Ambivalence and complacency is a crime against humanity and will not be tolerated

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM Wayne Robertson <k4wk@...> wrote:

[...]

That worked out pretty well overall. VA to FL is a very, very easy drive when you camp at a few parks along the way. In the past, I moved up from 5W to 15W and it made a big difference. This time, moving up to 100W seemed to make SSB possible, but still don't seem to be able to pull in the pileups like I hear some folks doing. Got some new overall ideas to try out next time.

Full activations (44+ contacts) for 3 parks including one ATNO, 17 contacts at another, and 3 in a park I had activated previously. 171 Qs submitted in total. One park was a bust, no legal access for me, but I know now how to get into it in the future. Sadly, it was another ATNO.

73, 44,
-detrick
K4IZ

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:19 PM Sgt Grunt <Ocrebels1@...> wrote:
[...]

It was great to get you in the log. Keep up the great work.

73 / 44   W6LEN / Jess