Re: New rules for 44 Qs?

KFF Coordinator

Yes. You can work a Park Monday and get 23 QSOs and go back Thursday and get 21 more QSOs and then you get credit for activating the park.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 11:12 AM David Garnier <dsgarnier@...> wrote:
Opps, may have missed an important point here.  Question,
Do multiple activations still count towards the "activation credit of 44?"

On Thu, 1/18/18, KFF Coordinator <kffcoordinator@...> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [WWFF-KFF] New rules for 44 Qs?
 To: WWFF-KFF@groups.io
 Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 9:56 AM

 Here was
 our thinking on changing from 10 to 44... WWFF is a global
 program that WWFF-KFF is part of. The global awards have
 always been based on 44 contacts for an activation. Also,
 all the other countries that are part of WWFF require at
 least 44 activations for a park to count in their national
 program. Some have more. Some even have a MINIMUM time you
 have to spend at the park (I think it was 2 hours) for it to
 count as a valid activation.
 The idea behind WWFF is "to make nature
 your shack." The WWFF website states, "World
 Wide Flora and Fauna in Amateur Radio, is encouraging to leave your
 shack and go outside portable operating in protected nature
 parks all over the world." It is not an awards program,
 per se, but a program for us to get out an enjoy nature as
 part of our hobby. The awards are just icing on the
 cake!

 Being part of a global program, we
 thought it best for WWFF-KFF to fall in line with the rest
 of the program. Remember, even if you do not get the
 activation credit when working a park, please still submit
 your logs because the hunters will get credit. And you can
 activation.
 really enjoy getting out and working parks and not being in
 my shack. My best memory is when I had a deer come up no
 further than 25 feet from my operating position before it
 noticed me. It was great.
 I hope you can still enjoy the
 program even thought the requirements for activating a park
 have become a bit harder.
 73/44,Roger
 Meadows, AE4RMWWFF-KFF CoordinatorSee Us On The
 WebFaceBook

 On
 Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Norm Meyers N9MM <norm42@...>
 wrote:

 The Old Timer has often spoke of this. He believes that
 Activators should be activating for the benefit of the
 Hunters. Kind of a hard core belief, but he kind of has a
 point, Activators are nothing without Hunters. Hunters hunt,
 and if Activators only
  pass out 10 QSOs, the Old Timer says, then many deserving
 Hunters suffer.