Re: FT-8

KA9JAC

My thought on this if i ever get around to trying is
In the free text box where it normally is sendingĀ  "call ka9jac 73"
change it to "73 de KFF-xxxx"

73, 44
Bob, KA9JAC

On 1/16/2018 11:18 PM, Jim Shorney wrote:
I've run into this before with an op trying to activate. You don't want to do anything that messes up the automation. While experienced ops can cope with it the newbies and the less savvy ops will be at a loss. Perhaps a good practice would be to occasionally throw out something like "KFF-xxxx yourcall" as a free text transmission between CQs. That should attract some attention. To speed thing up a little bit ops can set to send RR73 instead of RRR. Callers should be encouraged to call split since you want a pile-up, and also to start with TX2 instead of TX1.

73/44

-Jim
NU0C