Re: Hart-Miller Island KFF-1578 first activation

KA9JAC

Lloyd,

Pleasure Island is part of the state park.
It is the state park that you need to operate from, any part of it.

73, 44
Bob, KA9JAC

On 7/8/2019 8:56 PM, Lloyd K3ESE wrote:
hey Jess... I see that Hart-Miller State Park includes Pleasure Island.

"The western shore of the island offers safe mooring, wading and access to a 3,000-foot sandy beach. Hart-Miller Island State Park also includes Hawk Cove and Pleasure Island, which also provide recreational opportunities and camping. The park is well-known for its abundant migrating bird populations."

Pleasure Island is a lot closer than Hart-Miller, maybe kayak close. How to find out if that would fit being inside the boundaries of this state park, for KFF? is it the park, or the specific island?

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019, 1:22 PM Sgt Grunt <Ocrebels1@...> wrote:
It was a great effort... those are things that we can't control.. thanks for being out there

Jess??

Question everything. Accept nothing as fact until proven. No one or nothing is above suspicion.

Ambivalence??and complacency is a crime against humanity and will not be tolerated

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 10:18 AM Lloyd K3ESE <llachow@...> wrote:
Sadly, the weather did not cooperate. But I shall remain QRV, and will announce the next attempt ASAP.

Instead, I returned to KFF-1588 to pick up the contact I needed for a full activation. Thanks to all who worked me!

I've been unable to load Facebook lately, so was not able to update anything there.

AVG logo

www.avg.com