Re: KFF-4588 Activation Attempt

Kraig D. Pritts

Thank you.

Please consider the environment before

printing this email...

Amateur Radio Station KA2LHO

http://KA2LHO.net

USACA Needs List is at URL above.

Mobile Tracking online via: APRS.FI/KA2LHO-i

6637 NE 5th Lane

Ocala, FL 34470

Tel: 315-877-4822
Fax: 315-883-1321

Email: kraig@...

NOTICE: This transmission is intended only for use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error you should contact us immediately by telephone to arrange its return.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:58 PM Sgt Grunt <Ocrebels1@...> wrote:
Done

Jess

Question everything. Accept nothing as fact until proven. No one or nothing is above suspicion.

Ambivalence and complacency is a crime against humanity and will not be tolerated

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Kraig D. Pritts <kraig@...> wrote:
Jess, when you get a chance can you copy and paste this as a post on the WWFF-KFF page?

I am working on a self registration system for Activators for GYOP. It is working and we are going to test it for 24 hours. I will try to pretty it up as I get time before we leave.

Thanks
Kraig

[...]

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:41 PM Sgt Grunt <Ocrebels1@...> wrote:
We will definetly pass the word

On Jul 10, 2018, at 1:21 PM, Detrick Merz <detrick@...> wrote:

Planning to head out to KFF-4588 on Saturday, July 14. Hiking in, looks like about 2 miles up the mountain, hoping to find a good spot to set up on the ridge. Looks like a very nice hike. High temp of 91F, should be good fun :)

Looks like the first activation attempt for this park, so help me make it a success. I'm not checking out right at 44 contacts if I don't have to, I'll hang out until the battery or water runs out. Spots are greatly appreciated if you can hear me. I'll try to self-spot, but can only afford to carry in so much extra battery power for the cell phone (along with water, lunch, etc.). Will be bringing the KX3+6Ah LiFePO4 and running at a full 15W until voltage starts to drop, and then as much power as it'll do until the battery shuts off. Usually 6-8 hours is not a problem. Focus will be on CW, but I'll watch the spots; please post in the spot info if you need/want SSB or PSK31, and please also know it might take me a few minutes to see it and QSY. I'll also happily QRS; if you need 5wpm and everything repeated 10 times I'm happy to oblige. I'm willing to give any of these modes a try, but CW will likely be the most fruitful (and PSK hardest on the battery).

Generally all HF bands seem to be available to me with the antenna setup I've been running. Primary (and first) focus will be on 20m, then likely 40 & 30, and on to any other bands as needed. If you're semi-local we can try 80 and 6, and I'll bring an FM HT in case anyone wants to try 2 (line of sight is in theory good to almost Baltimore and DC).

Tnx es 73,

-detrick
K4IZ