KFF-1921 this Saturday

Matthew Stevens

This Saturday I’ll be camping at Suwanee River state park, KFF-1921 (and SUW for Florida State Parks On the Air). This is primarily a test run along with N4ESS and KE4AL for our VHF/satellite grid expedition in July to the Dry Tortugas (KFF-0023 in EL84np). I’ll be testing my portable 6m rig this weekend, mostly on FT8 to work out any kinks with the laptop/signalink/857 that crop up, and to get a feel for how long my batteries will last running digi.

However we will still be operating some HF this weekend from Suwanee (weather permitting), mostly 20 and 40, maybe 80 if we can get that much wire up in the campground. CW and sideband. So, if you hear us, or see us spotted stop by and give us a call! This will be my first “real” KFF activation using my own callsign (NJ4Y) instead of the club call, so I’d like to rack up at least 44 Qs for a successful activation!

73, nj4y

- Matthew