WRG1685to1845@groups.ioDiscussion forum for the wargames rule set 1685-1845 published by the Wargames Research Group
[Formerly hosted on Yahoo Groups]
Welcome to the WRG 1685-1845 Group.
I have been gaming with miniatures since 1972 and been a member of Stoke Wargames Group since 1973. Considering its popularity, I was surprised to find no existing discussion group for this rules set so I started a Yahoo Group in 2006, nearly 30 years since it was first published!
The play sheets in the files section were originally drafted by fellow Stoke Wargames Group member Phil Callcott, a gamer of vast experience, who recognised that many of the problems experienced by gamers with these rules were due to the tricky move sequence. Phil's play sheets set out a sequence of play that eliminates those problems and I highly recommend you use them in your games.
I only ask that you keep (generally) on topic and behave civilly. Also, never forget that many posters are writing in their second language (and this may not be obvious), so be patient with dictat and grammar.
- 68 Members
- 7 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members cannot edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.