Alison

From: WLS-Dyfed@groups.io <WLS-Dyfed@groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Carter via groups.io

The farm has long been called “Scotland” or “Scotland Hill”. I have the family of William Griffith (d. 1789) there in the 1770s. His wife Mary Makeig, the widow of Benjamin Makeig and formerly Mary Jones (m. Benjamin Makeig, 5 Sept 1769). The Makeigs were formerly associated with Scotland Farm. Benjamin Makeig (or Mikeig) was buried at Llandygwydd on 24 Nov 1790.

Mary was from Aberporth, Cardiganshire.

The name “Makeig” would appear to have Scottish roots, I have no further info. It’s possible NLW has a will for him (I’ve not looked). This might be a starting point if you wish to take this further.

Join WLS-Dyfed@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.