Topics

some things just take time

Ross Hunter

I received the email below today. Here’s a link to the mentioned QSL card. http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20printed%20items/pages/page_1.html

There’s information about about the card and WJMA Chief Engineer below the card image.

===============

Ross,

I apologize for a very late followup to your inquiry about Harold Schrock. I just ran across your letter as I was cleaning files and don't think my sister or I ever responded to your inquiry.

To refresh your memory, you wrote to Mary Houston on Aug 31, 2010 about Harold Schrock who sent a QSL card to WJMA  in 1949.

I went to your web site and saw that this is the earliest piece of printed items in your collection. I think Harold would be impressed to know that he was the first.

Harold Schrock was our father. In 1949 he would have been 30 years old. Ironically I believe he was living in Falls Church, VA at that time where he worked for the Federal Government after serving in the navy during WWII. He moved back to Illinois shortly after this contact in early 1950.  He grew up in Pontiac and operated his ham radio from his parents home until he settled in Paxton, IL. He was an avid ham operator his entire life getting his license in 1938. His call letters were W9QWM.

After 1950 he farmed in the Paxton area for the rest of his life. Harold passed away in 1989.

Hope this information is helpful. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Margaret Schrock

Bill Hager

Nice..

Bill Hager

[...]