Topics

Happy Birthday

Ross Hunter

At high noon on September 10, 1949 WJMA began broadcasting to Central Virginia. There have been many changes over the years. The original AM station is now WVCV, but it’s still broadcasting from Orange on 1340.

There will be a party on Thursday September 19 from 5 to 7 at Carver Tech Center on US 15 between Orange and Culpeper. All former employees are invited. If you plan to be there, please post here. The station needs a head count for the caterer by mid-day on Thursday the 12th.

Here’s the list thus far:

Gary Dillon
Mary Thompson
Lennie & Mary Ann Cowherd
Ross & Carol Hunter
Phil & Lillian Goodwin
Elizabeth Verrocchio
Phil Audibert

I’d be happy to add your name.

Ross,

Please add me to the party attendee list.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:44 AM Ross Hunter via Groups.Io <jrhunter3=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
At high noon on September 10, 1949 WJMA began broadcasting to Central Virginia. There have been many changes over the years. The original AM station is now WVCV, but it’s still broadcasting from Orange on 1340.

There will be a party on Thursday September 19 from 5 to 7 at Carver Tech Center on US 15 between Orange and Culpeper. All former employees are invited. If you plan to be there, please post here. The station needs a head count for the caterer by mid-day on Thursday the 12th.

Here’s the list thus far:

Gary Dillon
Mary Thompson
Lennie & Mary Ann Cowherd
Ross & Carol Hunter
Phil & Lillian Goodwin
Elizabeth Verrocchio
Phil Audibert

I’d be happy to add your name.

Will do.

My YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/1CiSk09
AHHA Productions YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/1GSqtXm

On Sep 10, 2019, at 10:47 AM, Mark Johnson <rmarkjohnson142@...> wrote:

[...]

Kevin Larkin

I'm an alum of WCVA. I met a few folks from WJMA during my time in Culpeper. Some of my best days in radio were spent there.
Happy anniversary to everyone from Radio Orange.

Bill Hager

Ross, sorry I can’t be there.  Still on the road working..  Bill

Bill Hager
Mobile. 804-400-6809

Sent via mobile phone

On Sep 10, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Ross Hunter via Groups.Io <jrhunter3@...> wrote:

At high noon on September 10, 1949 WJMA began broadcasting to Central Virginia. There have been many changes over the years. The original AM station is now WVCV, but it’s still broadcasting from Orange on 1340.

There will be a party on Thursday September 19 from 5 to 7 at Carver Tech Center on US 15 between Orange and Culpeper. All former employees are invited. If you plan to be there, please post here. The station needs a head count for the caterer by mid-day on Thursday the 12th.

Here’s the list thus far:

Gary Dillon
Mary Thompson
Lennie & Mary Ann Cowherd
Ross & Carol Hunter
Phil & Lillian Goodwin
Elizabeth Verrocchio
Phil Audibert

I’d be happy to add your name.

artsafari2003

Happy birthday to WJMA/WVCV!!! Sorry that I can't be there to see "old" friends!
Teresa Carson Andrews  (Verling) 1960 - 1961
💕💕💕

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.