Topics

audio files

Dominion Market Research staff <staff@...>

I think
we're going to need some sort of QuickTime Audio plug-in to get the full and
rich effect of my puberty being played out on the air.
Reid,

Yahoo Groups files section will take audio files. Them mention these formats:
MP3, Real Media, WAV, AIFF, etc. I especially like "etc".

What would be a universal format? I know a copule of us are on Macs, most are probably usings PCs.

Dominion Market Research
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
800-328-2588 540-672-2327 fax: 540-672-0296
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Chap Harrison

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 07:00 AM, Dominion Market Research staff wrote:

What would be a universal format? I know a copule of us are on Macs,
most are probably usings PCs.
Ross,

MP3 is almost universal, at least on Macs and PCs that have been purchased or updated in the past 5-7 years. And it is a far more compact format than WAV and AIFF, making for quicker download times.

Let me know if you locate tapes and want some help digitizing them!

Chap

Mark Johnson

I have tapes (I know I have them because I just moved
and actually saw them) that contain spots I produced
including one for Eagle Ford that featured several
voices including Ann Pritchett and Ralph Graves.

I also have reel-to-reel tapes of the yearend count
downs I did for 1982 and 1983. Those should have
numerous spots showcasing the voices of everyone on
the air at that time.

When they surface again at the new house I'll see what
I can do with them.

Mark Johnson

staff wrote:

What would be a universal format? I know a copule
of us are on Macs,
most are probably usings PCs.
Ross,

MP3 is almost universal, at least on Macs and PCs
that have been
purchased or updated in the past 5-7 years. And it
is a far more
compact format than WAV and AIFF, making for quicker
download times.

Let me know if you locate tapes and want some help
digitizing them!

Chap

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

John Schick <jschick@...>

MP3 is by far the best quality with smallest file size, read that
quickest download time. There are several shareware conversion programs
that will rip a .wav to an mp3. For what it’s worth, better than ½ of
the agency spots come in via e-mail now—all in MP3.

There are exciting things in the works for WJMA in the near future.
I’ll post a report when I can get time. Probably the biggest change is
we have applied to move JMA’s channel to Midlothian, VA. We will
acquire the two Culpeper stations and the Louisa station, plus keep our
AM. More details later.

John Schick

we're going to need some sort of QuickTime Audio plug-in to get the
full and
rich effect of my puberty being played out on the air.
Reid,

Yahoo Groups files section will take audio files. Them mention these
formats:
MP3, Real Media, WAV, AIFF, etc. I especially like "etc".

What would be a universal format? I know a copule of us are on Macs,
most are probably usings PCs.

Dominion Market Research
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
800-328-2588 540-672-2327 fax: 540-672-0296
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2861420.4212388.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705
034722:HM/A=1394045/R=0/*http:/www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,HGTV_3
936_5802,FF.html> HGTV Dream Home Giveaway

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=241773.2861420.4212388.1925585/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1394045/rand=705738732>

John Schick <jschick@...>

I think MP3 players are available for MAC too. If not, you now have one
more reason to put your MAC in the garage with the BetaMax you bought in
1982. As a computer aside, Goodwin cried when we took away his
typewriter, razor blades, and grease pencils. Now you can’t get him off
of the digital editor—he’s become a digital maven.

John

[...]

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2861422.4212389.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705
034722:HM/A=1394044/R=0/*http:/www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,HGTV_3
936_5802,FF.html> HGTV Dream Home Giveaway

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=241773.2861422.4212389.1925585/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1394044/rand=711294182>

Dave W <nospam2@...>

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 11:25, John Schick wrote:
MP3 is by far the best quality with smallest file size, read that
quickest download time. There are several shareware conversion programs
that will rip a .wav to an mp3. For what its worth, better than � of
the agency spots come in via e-mail nowall in MP3.
For what it's worth, .ogg format is higher quality and smaller :-)
There are licensing issues with mp3, as well. Check out ogg vorbis on
Google some time. There are encoders and decoders available for
windows, linux, and, I suspect, the mac.

But, I'd be happy with mp3 since I doubt y'all are gonna run with oggs.
Just my $0.02.

dave williamson
76-79