address

Les Myers

Thank you. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 14:14:32 -0400
To: wjma@...
Subject: Re: [WJMA] Another Treasure Trove

Les,

You were subscribed to the group with two email addresses. I deleted the blueberry email and left the Inbox address.

Ross
My YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/1CiSk09
AHHA Productions YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/1GSqtXm

On Oct 7, 2017, at 12:06 PM, 'Les Myers' blueberry47@... [WJMA] <WJMA@...> wrote:

Ross- you can remove this address from your list. I use the Inbox address exclusively. Thanks.
Les

Sent: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 04:11:38
To: WJMA@...
Subject: [WJMA] Another Treasure Trove

As anyone who has visited my office knows, my space makes Arch’s desk look uncluttered. The other day I was attempting to make sense out of the chaos of boxes when I discovered a box of WJMA documents I didn’t remember I had. Inside were: copy for some Postscripts to the News, various editorials, news stories, obituaries, the contract for sale of WJMA to Arch, and other documents.

Among the other things was a March 1961 letter from Ben F. Waple, Secretary of the FCC. It ran on four paragraphs filling an entire page, quoted FCC regulations and FCC form numbers, referenced attachments which included notice that the license to operate WJMA was being transferred to WJMA, Inc (Arch) from Don Heyne (Charlottesville Broadcasting). It reminded Arch to report fully to the FCC pertinent information about the station. It concluded with a note of the “utmost importance” that the FCC needed a permanent mailing address.

Arch replied “In answer to your request: the permanent address of WJMA, Inc. is…” and he gave the address. End of reply. Short. Sweet. No wasted words.

As I have time, I’ll scan other interesting documents and put them on the web site. Among the papers are Arch’s final two Postscripts.

Ross
71-86