Topics

new printed items

Ross Hunter <rossgroups@...>

A while back Arch gave me a notebook with "Letters to Santa" scripts from the mid 1970s through the ealry 1980s. I was looking through the notebook today and found two items of interest.

Never one to waste a perfectly good piece of paper or the clean back of an expired item, Arch made use of of what others might call scraps.

The first image is a continuity page. I know this form was around when I came in 1971. And I'm pretty certain they were still in use when I left in 1985.
<http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20printed%20items/pages/page_10.html>

The second page is from 1980. As I recall we had a piece of "art" with the heading and footer on it. Each new sports season would have the schedule added to the middle. Then many were printed for distribution to Sports Broadcasters Club sponsors.
<http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20printed%20items/pages/page_21.html>

I think the "All The Good Sports" slogan was something Clint Estes "borrowed" from WBZ, Boston. The first link on this page <http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20audio/WJMA%20sports.htm> is David Taylor's station ID with the sports slogan.

I think the "All The Good Sports" slogan was something Clint Estes
"borrowed" from WBZ, Boston. The first link on this page

I don't mean to deny Clint the credit but I think the "all the good sports"
slogan predated Clint's arrival at WJMA.

Mark, I believe you are correct that the slogan was used before I arrived in the fall of 1977 and continued in use for a while after. The only thing I recall using from WBZ (1030 AM) Boston was the name of my brief sports talk show "Sports Huddle" that was on Saturday mornings.
Clint
PS Ross any progress on the suitcase full of game tapes?

I think the "All The Good Sports" slogan was something Clint Estes
"borrowed" from WBZ, Boston. The first link on this page

I don't mean to deny Clint the credit but I think the "all the good sports"
slogan predated Clint's arrival at WJMA.

Ross Hunter <rossgroups@...>

Clint,

You beat me to it. I though you suggested both "All The Good Sports"
and "Sports Huddle", but I could be mistaken...it wouldn't be the
first time.

The suitcase of tapes is safe, but alas it's another project that has
fallen behind. For the rest of the list: Clint loaned me a large
suitcase stuffed with sports tapes covering many years. I bet the
tape contain 30+ hours of games. My intention is to copy them all to
CD. I'll get to it.

Ross

Mark, I believe you are correct that the slogan was used before I
arrived in the fall of 1977 and continued in use for a while after.
The only thing I recall using from WBZ (1030 AM) Boston was the name
of my brief sports talk show "Sports Huddle" that was on Saturday
mornings.
Clint
PS Ross any progress on the suitcase full of game tapes?

I think the "All The Good Sports" slogan was something Clint Estes
"borrowed" from WBZ, Boston. The first link on this page

I don't mean to deny Clint the credit but I think the "all the good sports"
slogan predated Clint's arrival at WJMA.

Ross,
What will be interesting to hear is all the sports broadcaster's club commercials that so many different staff cut during those years. Please no hurry.

Clint

I think the "All The Good Sports" slogan was something Clint Estes
"borrowed" from WBZ, Boston. The first link on this page

I don't mean to deny Clint the credit but I think the "all the good sports"
slogan predated Clint's arrival at WJMA.

Dominion Market Research <ross@...>

Clint,

If I ever find the time I'll have a virtual cart machine on the JMA
site where you can go to find old commercials, PSAs, promos, etc.
You'll click a virtual button to hear any of the old audio. Someday.
Maybe.

Ross

Ross,
What will be interesting to hear is all the sports broadcaster's
club commercials that so many different staff cut during those
years. Please no hurry.

Clint

You beat me to it. I though you suggested both "All The Good Sports"
and "Sports Huddle", but I could be mistaken...it wouldn't be the
first time.

The suitcase of tapes is safe, but alas it's another project that has
fallen behind. For the rest of the list: Clint loaned me a large
suitcase stuffed with sports tapes covering many years. I bet the
tape contain 30+ hours of games. My intention is to copy them all to
CD. I'll get to it.

Dominion Market Research-mailing services for Central Virginia
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
USA
1-540-672-2327 1-800-328-2588 fax: 1-540-672-0296
http://www.dmrmail.com

Go Green ! Print only as needed.