Topics

new images on web site

Ross Hunter <rosslists@...>

I've added a bunch of new images to the WJMA web site.

There are two new ones on the Ads page <http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20print%20ads/index.html> Another yearbook ad from 1973 and a 1964 Idea Station ad.

On the people pages <http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20people/index.html> there are 10 new images. They are on index pages 2, 3 and 4. One of the more interesting ones is this "Gang of Four" picture <http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20people/pages/page_35.html>

Most of the people pictures are from a large stash of things Arch sent me. I still have a number of pictures to post from a party at the Orange Gourmet. I'm not sure of the year. Arch also included quite a few newspaper articles which I will scan and post.

Stay tuned...more to come.

Lax, Andrew <ALax@...>

Ross,

What a surprise to check these new pictures and find myself in the
esteemed company of the other members of the Class of '73 "Gang of
Four", Russ, Clint and Bob. As you note, my tenure at WJMA was not that
long -- I worked as a part-time announcer from 19'70 to 19'73, and then
filled in as an part-part-time announcer and occasional help to Phil
Audibert in the news department during breaks from school at W&M up
through 1975.

So I was doubly surprised to see that I am connected to one of the other
new photos posted by you, the WJMA advertisement from the 1973 OCHS
yearbook. I took that photo at the homecoming dance in the fall of
1972, in my role as "official yearbook photographer". As you can see
from the photo itself, I had no future in the field of photography
either. The woman on the left, supervising the allocation of shoes
taken off to protect the gym floor by the attendees, is Murcelle
Coleman, who taught geometry, and who was an amazing fireball of a
teacher. You would know better than I, but I believe she was on the
Orange Town Council for a while in later years.

Thanks for posting.

Andy
ANDREW W. LAX
alax@...

MCNAIR LAW FIRM, P.A.
ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELORS AT LAW
<http://www.mcnair.net/> www.mcnair.net

TWO WACHOVIA CENTER
301 SOUTH TRYON STREET, SUITE 1615
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA 28282
TELEPHONE 704-347-1170
FACSIMILE 704-347-4467

The information contained in this message and any attachments is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received
this message in error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or
using the information. Please contact the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the original message.

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE

TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE IRS, WE INFORM YOU THAT ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS) IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, FOR THE PURPOSE OF (I) AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OR (II) PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR MATTER ADDRESSED HEREIN. THIS ADVICE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED (OTHER THAN WITHIN THE TAXPAYER TO WHICH IT HAS BEEN SENT) WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT. TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS DISCLOSURE, PLEASE SEE http://www.mcnair.net/230.pdf

I've added a bunch of new images to the WJMA web site.

There are two new ones on the Ads page
<http://www.wjma.
<http://www.wjma.radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20print%20ads/index
.html> radiohistory.net/WJMA%20photos/WJMA%20print%20ads/index.html>

--- "Lax, Andrew" <ALax@...> wrote:

The woman on the left, supervising the
allocation of shoes
taken off to protect the gym floor by the attendees,
is Murcelle
Coleman, who taught geometry, and who was an amazing
fireball of a
teacher. You would know better than I, but I
believe she was on the
Orange Town Council for a while in later years.
Mrs. Coleman was on Orange Town Council back in the
70's and was later appointed to the Orange County
School Board on which she served for a number of
years. After the county switched to an elected school
board in 1999, she ran and served one final term.

Mrs. Coleman is still alive and I just recently heard
she has moved into an assisted living facility in
Gordonsville.

Mrs. Coleman is still active serving as a tutor for students at Prospect Heights Middle School during the 06-07 school year.? Recently she approached me annd ask me to sign her form to again run for the school board.? Seems she still has a bit of fight left and is not happy with the way things are going with the current board.?? Andy, this same fireball got upset with my cafeteria staff the other day complaining she did not get enough food on her tray before starting her tutoring.? People really never change their spots.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Clint Estes? 77-04

From: WJMA@yahoogroups. <mailto:WJMA%40yahoogroups.com> com
Good stories. I am tempted to tell a few of the things that my
brother Matt and I did along these lines, but I am not entirely sure
that the statute of limitations has expired on some of them.

I think Mrs. Payne was still there when I was there, graduating in
1967. She was one of a number of teachers who struck me as odd.

Seth Williamson
Slings Gap
Franklin County

On 6/5/07, jclegarde@aol. <mailto:jclegarde%40aol.com> com
<jclegarde@aol. <mailto:jclegarde%40aol.com> com> wrote:
From the images this story about Ms. Coleman, I realize that some of
us

http://www.aol. <http://www.aol. <http://www.aol.com.> com.> com.

WJMA image files are here: http://photos.
groups.yahoo.com/group/WJMA/lst>
groups.yahoo.com/group/WJMA/lst
WJMA other files are here: http://groups.
yahoo.com/group/WJMA/files/> yahoo.com/group/WJMA/files/
Archive of past messages: http://groups.
yahoo.com/group/WJMA/messages>
yahoo.com/group/WJMA/messages
To unsubscribe, send an email to: WJMA-unsubscribe@
<mailto:WJMA-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

WJMA image files are here: http://photos.
groups.yahoo.com/group/WJMA/lst
WJMA other files are here: http://groups.
Archive of past messages: http://groups.
yahoo.com/group/WJMA/messages
To unsubscribe, send an email to: WJMA-unsubscribe@
<mailto:WJMA-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

Seth Williamson <hazelmotes@...>

I remember those very first calculators. I was not at all convinced at the time that they were physically tough enough to justify the steep asking price.

I think I was in the very last generation to regularly use a slide rule. I started buying calculators in around '73 or '74, when you could get a TI four-banger with square root and square for about a hundred dollars. But I was still using the slide rule when I needed rough-and-ready fast answers in physics and chemistry and organic chemistry when I went back to college in the early '70s.

Seth Williamson
Slings Gap
Franklin County