Topics

From the archive

R Roberts <russroberts@...>

What did we call these? Arch-O-Grams? This one from sometime in 1973:

"Russ,

Couple of notes on last night.

Your music between 7.45PM and 8 was wrong as a lead-in to the Night
Music program which followed. The big-band sound would have been
appropriate before Jazz Scene. You don't have to play symphonic music
before Night Music, but a softer sound paves the way.

On you 10.10PM sports you said there were nine night games (baseball)
scheduled but no scores were in. That seems unusual. If those games
started at 8 there should at least have been some partial scores. I'll
bring this up with AP if it's a problem. Or did you overlook something
on the wire?

a."

Les <grandmananer@...>

And I was the host of "Night Music." I was VERY sensitive to the lead-in
programming! (Just kidding).

Les Myers

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:20:42 -0500, "R Roberts"
<russroberts@...> said:

What did we call these? Arch-O-Grams? This one from sometime in 1973:

"Russ,

Couple of notes on last night.

Your music between 7.45PM and 8 was wrong as a lead-in to the Night
Music program which followed. The big-band sound would have been
appropriate before Jazz Scene. You don't have to play symphonic music
before Night Music, but a softer sound paves the way.

On you 10.10PM sports you said there were nine night games (baseball)
scheduled but no scores were in. That seems unusual. If those games
started at 8 there should at least have been some partial scores. I'll
bring this up with AP if it's a problem. Or did you overlook something
on the wire?

a."

http://fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
love email again

Dominion Market Research staff <staff@...>

What did we call these? Arch-O-Grams? This one from sometime in 1973:

"Russ,

Couple of notes on last night.

Your music between 7.45PM and 8 was wrong as a lead-in to the Night
Music program which followed. The big-band sound would have been
appropriate before Jazz Scene. You don't have to play symphonic music
before Night Music, but a softer sound paves the way.

On you 10.10PM sports you said there were nine night games (baseball)
scheduled but no scores were in. That seems unusual. If those games
started at 8 there should at least have been some partial scores. I'll
bring this up with AP if it's a problem. Or did you overlook something
on the wire?

a."
Russ

And I thought I was a pack rat! What else did you save?

Dominion Market Research
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
800-328-2588 540-672-2327 fax: 540-672-0296