Topics

WJMA Alumni

N9L6D@...

Ross,

I have some tales to tell.

Having a limited production budget at WJMA was a hidden blessing. You guys
were so creative, that sound effects were never a problem. I'll never forget
the time I walked past the recording studio and saw you standing at one mike
viciously ripping up a big piece of cardboard. Phil was sitting at another
mike, cardboard box on his head. He had cut eye holes to read the spot.

Later when I worked at WINA they had a tremendous sound effects production
library, but I never had the same realistic sound you guys were able to
produce, nor the ease in convincing balky advertisers to give radio
advertising a try!

:-)

Mary Johnson — (WJMA sales)
4688 Spotswood Trail