Re: Gates

Chuck Brown

I don't think I ever did that, but once while cueing up a pepsi commercial on one of those BIG discs, the young'uns won't remember those 16" monsters, (I'm 90), but we had public service programs and some commercials on them.  I turned the table until I heard the opening word which was "say"----when I backed it up, you won't believe this----it was "yes"!!!  I had to repeat it a few times to make sure I wasn't hearing things, but there it was---say--yes!!
Chuck Brown
1953-54

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [WJMA] Gates

Never did that, exactly. I remember bumping the arm causing the stylus to go zripppppp across the vinyl and crash into whatever.

Also once was filing a spot cart, dropped it on the back end of the arm causing the stylus end to spring into the air and crash down in a random spot and then bounce around.

Thankfully, as far as I know, neither Arch nor Ross were listening during any of these episodes.

Mark Johnson
81-84

To: WJMA@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:35 PM
Subject: [WJMA] Gates

If the brain is nothing more than a biological computer, then I need some anti-virus software.

This morning, among the random neural firings, came a memory, from along about 1975, of me sitting in the control room playing "The Felt" by Gates.

Does anyone share that memory? (And how many times did you do it?)

Russ

Join WJMA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.