Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [WJMA] WJMA/WSVS connection

Ross,
            I think you can thank Tubby Walthall for that.  I don't know how he got to WJMA from WSVS, but I had left WSVS and gone with WKLV in Blackstone as my first stint behind the mike as Engineer/DJ.  I left Blackstone and went back to Belle Glade, Florida where I started in November 1948.  I got word from yet another former WSVS employee, that Tubby was in Orange, Virginia as manager of WJMA and needed an announcer.  Things were not going my way at that time, so I called him and he hired me.  That is a very abreviated version  of the story.  Tubby, Don Greene, and I were all at WSVS at the same time, and we all ended up in South Hill.
Regards
Chuck