Re: another sleepy dusty delta day...

Ann Harrison Walker

I think it must be because the grammar gave her the heebie-jeebies. "Richmond had fell," indeed.

On Jun 3, 2015, at 2:36 PM, Reid Harrison <harrison.reid@...> wrote:

Hm… I wonder why Joan Baez changed the lyrics to “I took the train to Richmond that fell”?

Virgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Danville train
'Til Stoneman's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again.
In the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive.
By May the 10th, Richmond had fell.
It's a time I remember, oh so well.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Reid Harrison harrison.reid@... [WJMA] <WJMA@...> wrote:

Hm… I wonder why Joan Baez changed the lyrics to “I took the train to Richmond that fell”

On Jun 3, 2015, at 2:36 PM, Reid Harrison <harrison.reid@...> wrote:

Virgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Danville train
'Til Stoneman's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again.
In the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive.
By May the 10th, Richmond had fell.
It's a time I remember, oh so well.

The night they drove old Dixie down
And all the bells were ringing,
The night they drove old Dixie down
And all the people were singing
They went, "Na,na,na.na,
Na na na na na na na na na.''

Read more: Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Lyrics | MetroLyrics

On Jun 3, 2015, at 2:30 PM, 'Chapman L. Harrison' chap.harrison@... [WJMA] <WJMA@...> wrote:

Gillian Welch - "The 14th of April" (Lincoln assassination)

On Jun 3, 2015, at 4:16 AM, Ross Hunter rossgroups@... [WJMA] <WJMA@...> wrote:

The third of June brings to mind “Ode to Billie Joe”. I’ve always thought about putting together a list of songs that refer to a specific date.

June 3—Ode to Billie Joe

Suggestions?